Members of the Ohio Nordic Cross Country Ski Club are invited to leave comments about trail conditions or when/where to meet up for skiing.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Besides Chapin

I tried skiing at Orchard Hills over Xmas break, but got to the parking lot and could not even find the trail because it was so windblown, so I headed over to Chapin, as usual. I also skied at Holden Arboretum, after having run there with some Hilltopper Dads during the last dryland session at Red Oak Camp. They have some nice trails, but the grooming was ancient, and hikers had punched it and bumped it out. I emailed them about trying to groom more often for a better surface, but I got no response. I'm sure they just love me now...I also like to get out to Punderson a couple of times a season, because the trails are so awesome, but of course the conditions vary widely because the grooming is handled only occasionally by the mushing club as far as I can tell. During the week I train in the RR Metropark usually between the Nature Center trails and the 3 golf courses. I also go west to French Creek in the Lorain County system after the hikers pack it a bit. Post any conditions or any other good spots here! -MF

No comments:

Post a Comment